Alagaesia Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounties

+3
Fallen Elf
sinitar
MINDROP
7 posters

Go down

Bounties Empty Bounties

Post by MINDROP Sat 8 Jan - 15:20:10

Discuss bounties here. Follow new rules.

If a decision was made, post it here.
MINDROP
MINDROP
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Bounties Empty Re: Bounties

Post by sinitar Sat 8 Jan - 15:35:09

Delete my post after, but it would be helpful to actually explain what a bounty is in the first post, for everyone to know.
sinitar
sinitar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Sun 9 Jan - 0:15:09

A bounty is something you put on someone when they have offended you or commited an offense against you. You don't report them or anything however. You set a price down, and whoever kills the person who the bounty was placed on first attains that price. Now, you can't place a bounty on someone if you attack them first, and they kill you.

I believe there used to be a topic about Bounty Mods, and that they would monitor the bounties placed out, and they would confirm or deny any bounties someone wants to place. I don't quite remember the verdict of if we should have them or not. Someone wanna remind me? Bounties 177204
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by sinitar Sun 9 Jan - 5:25:21

I don't like that system, it encourages higher levels to basically chase you in order to get some extra cash, people are going to exploit this and the one who is being followed by the bounty hunters will have a very hard time leveling with all those high levels following him. It will create quite some grief, I presume. If you ever played a mmo, you know how nasty corpse camping in, and wasting your resources for a player means you have a grudge with that player. I don't really like this system, since it will surely spoil the fun for the bounty target. And if you are alone and a guild places a bounty on you, then you're screwed.
sinitar
sinitar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Sun 9 Jan - 5:55:02

You're missing the point of this. You CAN NOT post a bounty on some random person. You're only able to post a bounty on someone who has killed you within a period of time. And spawn killing is something I thought of with this game, you're not going to spawn where you died, that would be pretty dumb. Once you die, your corpse will stay there for 10-30 seconds, leaving it open for looting by the person that killed you, no one can loot if you were killed by an NPC. Once that time has expired then you will respawn in the nearest city, which will be a safe zone(A place where you cannot Pvp)

All major cities will be safe zones, but if you're in combat then you cannot enter one, I did that to prevent abusing of the safe zones
The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by sinitar Sun 9 Jan - 9:20:00

That's why we should have a thread where all the information about the game is posted. About looting, people don't like to lose a lot of stuff when you die, and the best example is Lineage 2. That game was punishing you severely for a death, you could lose a piece of armor that took a lot of time and effort to craft, and depending on what people can loot from you, the game will just turn into a very defensive mode where everyone is scared of fighting other players because of the fear of losing items.

The respawn idea doesn't sound bright either, because what happens if you were like 10 minutes away from a city? Spend another 10 minutes to go back to that spot? Of course, you can add teleporters and different abilities that help you, but if you think about the long term outcomes of this system, it has its flaws.
sinitar
sinitar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Famoosh Sun 9 Jan - 19:51:12

Its fine. There will be flaws in every single idea anyone comes up with, and this will probably have the least flaws. As for looting, obviously you havent read around enough, because I think we decided that you keep important things, like armor, weapons and rare items. Either that or Im imagining that convo.
Famoosh
Famoosh
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Sun 9 Jan - 21:41:37

These discussions are some of the best things we have going on for this game at the present. Sinitar is being very helpful by giving an opinion that differs from the usual, "oh this game is so awesome everything we think of is perfect" approach. It's always a good idea to look at this stuff from as many angles as possible to get it as right as we can get it IMO.

That said, I would discourage calling an idea, "not too bright" thats just disrespectful and not very helpful when someone has put a lot of time and thought into an idea...a statement like that will just put people off.

We did have this stuff in composed and focused threads at one time. I had everything pretty well organized but the forum has gained so many posts so fast that the info is getting lost as the threads grow and grow. I'll try to get the time to go through everything and sort it out and re-focus it all into an updated FAQ page or something but thats not going to be easy for me right now as I'm pretty tied up with things back here in the real world.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

https://alagaesiaonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sinitar Mon 10 Jan - 9:08:17

Famoosh wrote:Its fine. There will be flaws in every single idea anyone comes up with, and this will probably have the least flaws. As for looting, obviously you havent read around enough, because I think we decided that you keep important things, like armor, weapons and rare items. Either that or Im imagining that convo.

Of course there are going to be flaws, that's why we want everyone to get involved and contribute to eliminate them through a surplus of ideas. You are right, I haven't read a lot of threads, but it's very tedious for a new comer to skim through a 15 pages post which is filled 70% of the time with: Oh great idea. I agree. Ok. I mentioned it several times already, but what you need is a section dedicated to developed ideas which is locked and only edited by mods as we come up with more of them. I personally haven't seen any discussion thread where an idea is discussed thoroughly, but maybe I didn't search a lot.

That said, I would discourage calling an idea, "not too bright" thats just disrespectful and not very helpful when someone has put a lot of time and thought into an idea...a statement like that will just put people off.

We did have this stuff in composed and focused threads at one time. I had everything pretty well organized but the forum has gained so many posts so fast that the info is getting lost as the threads grow and grow. I'll try to get the time to go through everything and sort it out and re-focus it all into an updated FAQ page or something but thats not going to be easy for me right now as I'm pretty tied up with things back here in the real world.

You are right, and I would agree if it was related to something else, say a story, a quest or something consistent that has a link with reality, but it's just an idea. If there are only good ideas, how can you come up with better ideas? And ideas are spontaneous, they don't require you to mince your mind for a day to get them right, because those are more than just ideas, those turn into concepts I think.

Right now, we need to hammer down all those options and settle on the good ones, and it's not all sunshine and rainbows. What I would like to prevent is a situation where the game starts, and we're like: This turned way different than we wanted. I don't want to lose items when I die! I don't like this eye for an eye system! Because, to be honest, it's not all that pleasant to kill someone and then have a very hard time to get away with it.

And if the info is getting lost in the threads, why not just organize a forum just for that kind of talk instead of having everything spread around? There's offtopic section for chat, there may even be a what's your fav idea thread, you can do so many things to improve on that part.

sinitar
sinitar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Mon 10 Jan - 11:18:10

Well, no one can say how it's going to turn out to be apart from Span right now, so we might as well leave it to him. He's doing all the work after all, so whether or not a person is almost literally bursting with ideas for the game, it's up to him to take the final decision as to implement the idea/ideas into the game. I partly like your idea for a generalized chat thread, but at the same time having it spread around, as you put it, is fine to me. It's just a matter of archiving the threads, like how its done right now. But yes, I feel that the FAQs should be updated, especially concerning the game part.
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Mon 10 Jan - 11:23:50

Okay, that is right, Span has this covered. Closed.
MINDROP
MINDROP

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down