Alagaesia Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for Spells

+12
Sage of Dragon Age
Night Angel Kage
Durz
Brisineo
MINDROP
Daiko
The Spaniard
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Vervada
Alfreredocsil
Argetlam Tre
Fallen Elf
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ideas for Spells - Page 4 Empty Re: Ideas for Spells

Post by Sage of Dragon Age Sat 20 Nov - 17:39:48

Fram is forward...if i remember correctly. Risa levitated him, and fram brought him forward off the edge of the cliff...again...if i remember correctly...
Sage of Dragon Age
Sage of Dragon Age
SPAM Lord of this Realm!
SPAM Lord of this Realm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Sat 20 Nov - 18:34:32

I believe so. Ganga is go, I think.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Sat 20 Nov - 18:44:28

Sorry for my absence guys, I was sick in bed all week! Laughing

So far, yes, Fram is forward, Ganga is go. (Hence why Eragon was yelling "Ganga" at Saphira in Helgrind when he was getting her to leave)

I'll be working on some more spells, but I've got nothing so far. . .
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage of Dragon Age Sat 20 Nov - 19:07:19

Yes, thanks for clearing that up "Encyclopedia Alagaesia"!

And pray tell, how were you able to edit the banner under your name to have those emotes? I was looking through some of them on the admin panel, and couldnt find any i liked! They're awesome!
Sage of Dragon Age
Sage of Dragon Age
SPAM Lord of this Realm!
SPAM Lord of this Realm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Sat 20 Nov - 19:08:50

I believe he just added them onto his Signature from Photobucket. He edited those Emotes himself.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Sat 20 Nov - 19:16:55

Correct! (Maybe you can include some of my dragon emotes from my photobucket account into the emotes here.)

And yes, I made this banner just for that. It is epic isn't it? Smile
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Sat 20 Nov - 21:03:09

Oh crap, I never did a sig! How the heck did I manage to leave that out?! Time for some uniqueness me thinks, lol.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

https://alagaesiaonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Sat 20 Nov - 21:46:59

I take requests Alf, if you need some dragon emotes. (Holyknight is enjoying two TxS emotes I made a while back for him)
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Angel Kage Sat 20 Nov - 22:19:07

You know I just noticed you never had a sig alf. As to spells.....*Gets out thinking cap.*
Night Angel Kage
Night Angel Kage
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Fri 10 Dec - 11:59:47

What about spells that act as specific counter - attack spells, not generic physical/magical wards. For example, if some other mage throws fire at you, you could say Adurna skolir to nullify the fire. Another example, if someone shoots a bolt of lightning at you, you could say Stenr risa or Stenr skolir to absorb the impact (though Stenr won't refer to a pebble, but a fairly large boulder). Also, instead of Stenr, you can say its plural form (that is, stones instead of stone). Just an idea.
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Sat 11 Dec - 1:27:30

I thought of another set of spells:-

1) Water, freeze - aggressive (I'm not translating them, its too much of a hassle):- All the water in the body of the enemy freezes, giving him/her about 10 seconds to live (at the very most). Can be nullified (not blocked, because the spell is just altering what is already present in the body) by magical wards, but only specific ones, like ice, melt or something similar.

2) Air, expand - aggressive (expand in the sense, opposite to Thrysta):- The air around the enemy expands, creating a vacuum, forcing him/her to die almost instantly. Cannot be nullified by any kind of ward, can only transport self out of there..... which leads me to my next spell. *This spell is extremely dangerous, can only be learned when you're a full - fledged Rider or something. Also, it uses up about 75 - 80% of your energy*.

3) Transport spell - evasive (the same one Arya uses on Saphira's egg):- You transport yourself out of a sticky situation & go about 10 metres/yards away from the fight, but uses up A LOT of energy, like around 90 - 95%. Will slightly lose health because of the crater you created (you get the idea). *This spell only can be used by advanced mages, seeing the amount of energy used. Also, you won't leave any internal organs behind, like 'splinching' in HP*.

4) Fire, expand - aggressive/evasive:- This spell is a continuation of throwing a fireball at your enemy (by saying Brisingr), with this you can suddenly expand the fireball, surrounding the enemy in a fire - cocoon - type thing, & your enemy will receive major damage, unless he/she has a ward around him/her, in which case he/she will lose sight of you, allowing you to escape or use another spell. Uses up around medium - high amount of energy, depending on how long you maintain the spell.

5) Earth, up - aggressive:- Causes a fairly large number of POP - type spikes to be thrust up from earth (made of stone). Has only a certain range, like upto 3 metres/yards in front of you. Useful for decimating a group of soldiers within range. *Takes a medium - high amount of energy, causes medium - high damage to the enemy/enemies.*

That's all for now, I'll come up with more for novice - intermediate magicians when I have more ideas.

@Brisineo:- What does 'chargeable' mean?? You used that term in your previous posts, & I didn't get what it meant.

@All admins:- Can mages share energy among each other in a fight?? Can they give energy to non - mages in a fight??
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Sat 11 Dec - 1:42:25

Okay, for one, there is no self Teleporting spell. Only Shades can do that. Other than that, sound good.
MINDROP
MINDROP
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Sat 11 Dec - 10:58:48

Chargeable means that you can charge it up to make it stronger, and yeah, like Mindrop said, teleportation is limited to Shades.

And well, I don't think that mages can share energy unless they are in each other's minds, so that's probably how it will go.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Sun 12 Dec - 13:21:35

Hmm. . . I have a few new ones dealing with escape or advantages over the enemy:

Blind
-Passive
-Blinds enemy for a few seconds, causing their screen to turn black, (PvP only, if on normal enemy, they wander blindly for a few seconds, and all their attacks miss) but minds can still be sensed.
-A very useful spell, the blinding spell causes light to stop from entering the eyes and sight is lost. Perfect for advancing on the enemy or running.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flash
-Passive
-A bright flash of white light is produced, disorienting the enemy, and causing them to be unable to move for a few seconds. Power of spell increases with level.
-This quick spell is good for getting a fast upper hand on the enemy or a very good chance to escape. They become disoriented and immobilized by the burst, leaving them defenseless to put in that final blow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dust, rise!
-Passive
-The vision of the battlefield is reduced by a giant dust cloud. The player can still see himself, and everything in the immediate area, but all else farther away is blocked, except for light sources.
-A spell best used with experienced magicians, the dust spell brings all the dust in the area into the air around him/her and the enemy. Blocking vision from everything that is distant. Though, sources of light such as fire can still be seen, and because of it, you might be able to target your opponent by using his own spell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ground trap
-Passive
-The ground opens and traps the opponent's legs. He can still fight, but he cannot move.
-Creating a sand-trap that sinks and traps the opponent for the remainder of the battle, the ground trap is a perfect way to take out fast moving opponents. Though, a simple spell could get them out with ease, so take care to watch what they do.
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Sun 12 Dec - 13:41:53

Here's an idea. Let's make it so that if you use the words of death against a defenseless person, you gain no experience from it. So, if you kill a huge Urzad in the Beors with a death spell, you would not gain the load of experience and stat increases you would normally gain by fighting it. This would be VERY useful though, so like if you are working on a quest that deals with time, you can kill a lot of the creatures that pop up to fight you with ease and without trouble, so you don't have to waste energy and time in killing them.
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Sun 12 Dec - 13:45:24

Haha, I erased my spell because it was messed up for one I was thinking 7 words of death when it was 12 I guess and two...you alread yhad it in here on like page 4 or 5 Bris.

I love the idea that you just posted thats awesome! Perfection.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Mon 13 Dec - 5:36:54

I just got some ideas for spells for novice - intermediate mages:-

1) Arrow, fire - aggressive:- Causes a number of arrows (say around 20 - 25) to catch fire as they are shot. Can be used on ballistae by an intermediate mage. *Low - medium amount of damage (dependent on level), low - medium amount of energy used*.

2) Illusion spell - evasive/distracting:- Creates an illusion of you a little bit away (about 10 feet). Does not have a mind of its own. Can be used to distract a group of soldiers & direct them away from your actual location. Very effective when used with the invisibility spell. *No damage caused (of course), low amount of energy used, depending on time sustained*. Got this one from black - blue - wolf - eyes - Blodhgarm.

3) Water, freeze , Rise & Break - aggressive:- Freezes a fairly large amount of water (like around 10 liters), lifts the block of ice up & when broken, releases a torrent of ice shards. Can be used in place of arrows. *Causes a fair amount of damage on players not wearing high - level armor. Uses up around 35 - 45% of energy on the whole*.

..... Barzul!! I'm having spellcasters' block!! I'll post more ideas when I get more of those elusive things just mentioned.
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Thu 16 Dec - 3:26:23

I just got another idea. Will it be possible to cast spells on your comrades?? If it is, then my idea is that a mage with considerable energy can cast a spell to increase the strength & stamina of a small group of soldiers, so that they tire less rapidly. Another idea: anyone up for Galby's painless soldiers??
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 16 Dec - 11:39:38

Hahaa, that crossed my mind as well. I can't imagine how that will work since pain tolerance won't really play any part in the battle system as far as I know. Cool idea, just don't see any way to make it work. (Painless soldiers)
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Thu 16 Dec - 12:00:15

I think I do, though in a completely different way (bear with me). Instead of being painless, the soldiers will get invincibility for as long as a mage or a group of mages provide the energy to sustain that spell. *The mage/mages HAVE to be there, it's not possible otherwise*. Because if they aren't there, it will be almost impossible to defeat them without resorting to magic. But if the mages ARE there, the group of soldiers from your gang can kill them, thus giving them a fighting chance. How's that??
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 16 Dec - 13:51:01

Might work, plus you could target the mages first to make it easier to kill the soldiers.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Thu 16 Dec - 16:51:49

I was actually going to use the painless soldiers as a type of zombie survival event xD

Like you and whoever else joined the event are put in a castle. And it's being overrun by those painless zombie soldiers, and you basically survive, longer you survive the better the reward
The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 16 Dec - 18:19:14

Haha, thats cool.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Famoosh Thu 16 Dec - 19:03:12

Sounds just like Nazi Zombies XD
Famoosh
Famoosh
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorn777 Fri 17 Dec - 11:35:16

Laughing I know. But that might not be a good idea, since it'll kind of turn into an arcade game then.
Thorn777
Thorn777
Lord Of The Riders
Lord Of The Riders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next