Alagaesia Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everybody!

+6
Spartan
Durz
MINDROP
Lone Wolf
Alfreredocsil
Neostriker
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello everybody! Empty Hello everybody!

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 18:54:54

My name is Neostriker, or to some people at IF, DeathByBrisingr, I have joined from the referral by DurzasMinion, excited about the fact working as a developer of this flourishing game. I have been told you need a pixel artist, well I have experience in the skill. I would love to try out to be the new pixel artist, and can be very good at it, as long as I get a description of the item you want to make, and enough time to make it.
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Hello everybody! Empty Re: Hello everybody!

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 2 Mar - 19:00:21

Okay great! Tell you what...tryouts are over...you're hired! cheers

Can you do characters? Can you animate? What are you best at?

Most importantly can you work within the parameters? The characters can be no larger than a 32x32 pixel cube. That one is usually the killer.

Thanks for joining the forum and making an intro thread and also volunteering! Welcome!!
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

https://alagaesiaonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 19:05:00

I am very good at working in 32x32, that's what I mainly use for pixel art, so no problem with 32x32. As for animating, sorry no animating for me, I'm a good artist not animatore, you'll need somebody for that. Characters... hmm... as long the character is not too complicated, characters usually require MUCH more attention, so I'll need more time with that, and I'll need a few days, due to high-school :p.

Thank you, though at first, I'll take it a little slow, to get used to AO, but you should thank DurzasMinion, he's the one who got me hooked up.

I'm very good at items, weapons, armor, equipment, spells, books maybe, (no-text.) Lot of the things that aren't too complicated, but are not easy.

EDIT: I'm gonna be uploading to Photobucket though, not PixelJoint, I hate the PixelJoint picture limit and approval system, I don't have time for those things, but DO NOT worry, I am not one of those plagiarising idiots, the maximum I could do that would be related to plagiarism, is look at another picture, to give me the guidelines for a pixel image, that's the maximum, and something I barely do.

G2G for now, gotta do HW, later on I can go on for 15 minutes, but then I have to wait till 2morrow.

Last edited by Neostriker on Wed 2 Mar - 19:45:05; edited 1 time in total
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf Wed 2 Mar - 19:23:36

Thanks DM! lol.

Welcome Neostriker, to the glorious abode of the dwellers of AOF! I hope that you enjoy your time here to the max with us here at AOF.

Hmm... is this suggesting we may not have to go with Blobs?
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Lord Aettin Rioa

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 2 Mar - 20:31:33

Sounds good, there will be plenty of things for you to do for sure without messing with animation. We'll have to have textures, trees and stuff like that then there's inanimate objects too.

The Spaniard may have some questions or comments for you next time he logs in, I know he wanted the art to be done through the other site but then again he may be fine with photobucket too. cheers
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 20:38:14

All right, thanks, but as for the things I would do, would armor be one part, I don't think armor would move much, and I love doing armor. Also, I have a few questions:

1. Since I am helping develop the game, when the game is released, would I have some special position (Mod, admin, special, etc.)? (Just a question

2. Who is the main admin and founder of the site?

3. What is the coding language of this game?

4. What is the status of the game right now (Stage of development.)

5. When do you think this game will be released?

Just some simple, and formal questions Razz
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Wed 2 Mar - 23:03:55

Sweet, I leave for a bit and we get a pixel artist! One who actually works with 32x32 pixel art.

We have a photo bucket account, and it is somewhere on here. Will try and find that and post it.

Neostriker wrote:All right, thanks, but as for the things I would do, would armor be one part, I don't think armor would move much, and I love doing armor. Also, I have a few questions:

1. Since I am helping develop the game, when the game is released, would I have some special position (Mod, admin, special, etc.)? (Just a question

1: Umm, I can add you as a sponsor if that is fine Alfy and everyone else.

2: Alfreredocsil is the founder and main Admin. Anything I do, I check with him first.

3: Not sure, that is a question for The Spaniard. The server is Byond if you want to check it out.

4: Right now, very little has been done. Span's comp died and he is getting it rebuilt. We still have work we need to do on it for classes and some stuff, but yeah. Right now, I would say span's lack of a comp is irrelivent, since we have not had a pixel artist. Several have tried, but the 32x32 makes it hard and we are all begininers basically. And someone like me can't draw a stick figure to save my life.

5: Our last game release estimate was February. Span is apparently a fast coder and could have it out in a month or two. I would like to see it come out before summer.

Hope that answers those questions.

Animation is apparently easy and you can get free programs to do it. The big thing is the pixel art that we need for like each move. If you were to get us those, I am sure people would help by animating them.

You would not know anyone who does 8 or 16 bit soundtracks do you?

Note: I do not mean to negate any work done by anyone (heck, i contributed to the pixel art as well). It is nice to have someone who actually routinely works with 32x32. Y'all have done a good job contributing with the skills and knowledge we have had.
MINDROP
MINDROP
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 23:08:45

Thanks for the answers, as for the Sponsor, thing, I just asked a question, just needed to know, what you want to do with me is your choice Razz.

As for the soundtracks, no, sorry.

Last edited by Neostriker on Wed 2 Mar - 23:21:20; edited 1 time in total
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Wed 2 Mar - 23:20:45

Yeah, the soundtrack was a long shot, but worth it.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 23:21:41

The only thing I request right now is... "Sephiroth, the Destroyer" as my subname instead of "Egg." I've seen many other people with custom subnames like that Razz
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 2 Mar - 23:23:23

Neostriker wrote:All right, thanks, but as for the things I would do, would armor be one part, I don't think armor would move much, and I love doing armor. Also, I have a few questions:

Ask as many questions as you like, I hope we can answer all of them, lol.
Mindrop did a great job with that already.

I would add to the mix though that I'm the head admin just because I have more experience with forums than anyone else here most likely and the fact that I opened the account that this forum belongs to. The oldest contributors to this game are Myself, Brisineo, Fallen Elf, Mindrop, SaphireX, Sage of Dragon Age, Durzas Minion and Rider Terra and obviously The Spaniard started all of it. Any one of those folks know as much about the game itself as I do and pretty much the forum as well but a forum doesn't function very well with nine admins messing with the controls so we narrowed admin access down to Myself, Mindrop and The Spaniard and Span very rarely access the control panel.

So, long story short, I have the keys to the forum but it belongs to all of us senior members as far as I'm concerned. Anyone that is labeled as a Global Mod is just as important as Mindrop or myself. That should get you up to speed I think.

As far as you getting a special position...I'm sure Span will agree to work something out on that front. We should have had a position open since we lost our old Pixel Artist but obviously Span is the final say on that. Last I heard..he was deffinitely granting a mod spot to anyone that could help program the game.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 23:25:16

Wow, this is starting off greater than most forums I've been too. You guys are great. At least you're the most user-friendly admins I've seen. Very Happy
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 2 Mar - 23:28:15

And..I'm also okay with you having a special title as long as you're an acting/participating pixel artist for the game.

A sponsorship is sort of like an honorable mention in my mind...nothing really too exciting about that, lol...but I'm fine with that as well.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 23:30:39

It's all right you don't give me any of that stuff, its just the things I'm thinking of in my little mind Razz
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 2 Mar - 23:31:22

Neostriker wrote:Wow, this is starting off greater than most forums I've been too. You guys are great. At least you're the most user-friendly admins I've seen. Very Happy

Thanks for that..we try pretty hard. I have been on forums *cough cough-Inheritence forums-cough cough* where the admins were more like nazis most of the time than friendly order keepers. You can think of us as more akin to Dragon Riders...peaceful but with an undertone of "don't push it", lol!
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Wed 2 Mar - 23:33:30

Yeah, I mean, there is a lot we could do with a title. I created that for teh guy who was going to do our music, before we found out it had to be 8 or 16 bit soundtracks. Too bad, he made wonderful stuff. Anyway, yeah.

Yeah, we are certainly a friendly bunch, and you have yet to meet most of us. I like Alf's description of us for sure.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Wed 2 Mar - 23:46:43

Yeah, much more friendly, lol.
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Thu 3 Mar - 0:43:14

Haha! Mr. DeathByBrisingr has arrived! Seriously, when he PM'd me I had a grin on that went from ear to ear. XD
Welcome to AOF Neostriker, im sure you will like the guys here. Like you said, we have a pretty friendly bunch here and were all one big family. Alfys dragon rider analogy was quite accurate, lol.
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Thu 3 Mar - 11:38:58

Guys, sorry about asking all those questions, and requesting all those mod privlleges and special stuff, I was really excited, along with the energy drink, no wI know I have to work hard for that stuff, not just ask for it. I'm more civilized than that.
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 3 Mar - 11:42:00

Haha, yeah you were wayyyy out of line there Hello everybody! 177204 which is why we smacked you down...hard! Oh wait...thats right...we didn't. Oh well, another missed opportunity. Hello everybody! 478141

Hello everybody! 5265
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Thu 3 Mar - 11:42:28

Hahaha, hey, you are a good bit of excitement and we do not care if you ask questions.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Thu 3 Mar - 16:15:22

Haha well sorry for the late post but school and other things have kinda had me out of sorts lately.But anyways glad to have you and glad that you do a 32x32 pixel art.I tried to do it.Let's just say it was an epic fail and would be humiliated if anyone saw it lol.But once again glad you are here and glad you are able to help us! :Hoplite:
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Location : You would love to know wouldn't you.....STALKER!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Drekea Thu 3 Mar - 17:06:18

Hello, Welcome to the Forum and thanks for making an Intro!

Great to see your showing such interest in the game
Drekea
Drekea
The Mr. Rogers of this Forum
The Mr. Rogers of this Forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Neostriker Thu 3 Mar - 17:22:41

Thanks guys, good to see ya Very Happy
Neostriker
Neostriker
Young Dragon
Young Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Angel Kage Fri 4 Mar - 17:24:49

Great, a new member who can do pixels! Welcome to the forum.
Night Angel Kage
Night Angel Kage
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum