Alagaesia Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well answer me this.

+5
MINDROP
Spartan
Durz
Famoosh
Alfreredocsil
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we close the forum down?

Well answer me this. I_vote_lcap10%Well answer me this. I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Well answer me this. I_vote_lcap30%Well answer me this. I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Well answer me this. I_vote_lcap60%Well answer me this. I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

Well answer me this. Empty Well answer me this.

Post by Alfreredocsil Tue 28 Jun - 21:40:09

Okay, first off...how is everyone? I hope very well.

I regret to post this thread but time has come to ask a question of all you loyal friends and members.

Should we close this forum down?

Obviously Spaniard has let us all down since he's been MIA for months. Without a game the forum is history..afterall thats what the forum was for. I thought I had some plans in the works to maybe keep it going but they didn't or aren't going to work out.

To be honest it makes me sad to keep coming back in here to check on things and continue to find the forum dead day after day. I love (d) this forum while we had something active but to be honest I'm just tired right now.

I value every one of you as friends and fellow members here. Over the months here many of you have become as close to me as family and more so than some of my family, lol. Most of you still hang out over at IF so if we decide to close this forum down maybe we can still visit over there.

Vote and leave a comment please...thank you!
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

https://alagaesiaonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Well answer me this. Empty Re: Well answer me this.

Post by Famoosh Tue 28 Jun - 23:55:50

Well, I'll start us off by saying that its really unfortunate that it has come to this, but what will be will be. I think we are all hoping that this won't come to an end, but, all of us understand that this place is dead, and no amount of bumping, new threads or contests will help. So, my vote stands as leaving it up for a bit, because really, it can't hurt. But if this is the end, well, its been one helluva ride guys. I'm glad to have known and met you guys over these, what, 9 months. So, thanks for a great time!
Famoosh
Famoosh
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Wed 29 Jun - 4:45:42

Ditto, Fammy. This place was great, and still can be, but we need Span. He is the centerpiece to this whole forum, and with him MIA, it's died. It's really sad that we have to even consider closing down this forum, as we had some good times here with us main guys, but there's juat nothing to do here anymore except to try and hold on. This time last year, AO was juat kicking off, and I hate it to not last even an year. We should keep it up for a while, as it isn't hurting anything, but I don't see how we can keep this going like the it has been for the past months. I happened to have emailed Spaniard yesterday actually, on IF. I dunno if that goes to his real e-mail address, but I was deperate. I think it's unlikely, but he may just respond. I really wish I could be in is brain for a few minutes, to see if he just doesn't care anymore, has totally forgotten, or whatever other ludicrous reasons there are for abandining us. I just don't get it. Oh, and by the way Alfy, I'm doing pretty good. Summer is getting underway, and it's great to be rid of school. Although, the show I just finished watching, plus this thread, has made me a little depressed...
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 29 Jun - 8:41:48

Yeah I know what you mean Durz. Sorry for that but I thought it was time I found out what others thought about it officially.

I had considered trying to add an arcade into the forum or a movie hub and I've been doing more research on making a game from scratch and keeping this place going with original plans for a game. None of those seem viable. A game takes too much energy and skill that I simply don't have..it's not often that I run into something that I have to admit is simply beyond me but making a game seems to be one of those things. Without some lagitimate classes and training in programming and networking I just can't make it happen.

The arcade and movie hub would be things that are so readily available elsewhere that it seems a waste of time and trouble to even try to install them into the forum. They would just be things available for free anywhere else on the net and the games are well...free games...meaning they get old fast.

I doubt based on the poll already, that we'll shut the forum down, I didn't really want to but I thought my vote to shut it down might keep others votes more objective. The fact that you guys went ahead and voted to the contrary tells me a lot. We'll keep working on ideas....Thanks.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 29 Jun - 12:26:39

Update, I'm having some interesting discussion with the newest member Csar about this game, some interesting points have been raised and maybe some opportunities raised.
We'll talk some more this evening maybe, don't get hopes too high just yeat but this could be VERY interesting!
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Wed 29 Jun - 18:45:53

Ok just saw this. Man where do I start. You guys are awesome and this is/was my favorite place to go on the internet when I needed a break from the real world. You guys are great friends and even though I have never seen you and probably never will you guys are close friends. I hate to see this place go downhill. I like to think that Span hasn't abandoned us and he is just SUPER busy or on a very extended vacation or something else. But I don't want this place to go down because I have had plenty of laughs and now sad moments on this forum. Glad to have met you guys. :Icanfly:

I think this has been brought up before but what about a new forum that is for video games or something. I would be more than happy to make it. I actually have one made from a long time ago but we would have to change it to what we need. We could just get a lot of people from different forums to come and we could all be admins and mods.

Here's the link. I actually think that some of you are already registered and modded there.

Energa Forums
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Location : You would love to know wouldn't you.....STALKER!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 29 Jun - 19:25:46

Well, from what discussions I've had with Csar this game may be revived without Spaniard and way the hell better than ever. He's in talks with his team and we're trying to work out some foundations to work with on a revamped version of AO.
I'm just getting him up to date on wha twe have planned out for our game and he's going to discuss it with their programmer and artist. I hate to get anyones hopes too high because nothing is really rolling yet at all but it looks and sounds like a far better position than where we have been for a long long time. If Spaniard comes back and wants to stay involved thats okay too.
Again, this may not happen...I don't know but I can't help being excited about it. We'll have to get hold of Bris and all the old gang and get them back in here if this works out. Also...our sound guy...we need him back, we can probably use his formats now if this works out.

I hope Csar doesn't mind me disclosing this info already but I wanted to give everyone some good news for a change!
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Famoosh Wed 29 Jun - 21:48:22

Interesting. Now would be the time for all those new ideas you've had guys! We should get the game suggestions overflowing with ideas! Hopefully this does work out!
Famoosh
Famoosh
King
King

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Wed 29 Jun - 23:17:48

Dang it. I knew I should of checked earlier, but I thought oh, nothing will of happened.Guess I was wrong.

Anyway, yeah. I don't want to close this down and lose contact with those who are active but not on IF. (Unless Alf comes back to terrorize IF, which would be awesome).

MINDROP
MINDROP
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Wed 29 Jun - 23:21:45

Haha, I think my roudy raids on IF are over.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Angel Kage Thu 30 Jun - 1:31:03

Good, I will try to be more active then. I'm always on IF when people need, me. It will be good to see the forum revived.
Night Angel Kage
Night Angel Kage
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Thu 30 Jun - 11:05:45

Yep, and I am in the process of changing the skin. What do you guys think so far?
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Thu 30 Jun - 11:54:21

Dude it is beast! You may need to change the text color because it is kinda hard to read in certain spots of the skin but overall it is awesome!

Alfy. Have I ever told you I loved you? Well if not I do! How did you get this guy?!
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Thu 30 Jun - 12:05:51

Yeah, I have been trying to figure that out. I love the background picture, but the contrast may be too much.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 30 Jun - 12:09:27

Haha, that may push the creepy meter past center, lol.

Who, you mean Csar? Well, I'd like to take some credit but actually I didn't do anything. After I posted the thread yesterday about maybe shutting down the forum due to Spaniard (the only programmer) being MIA...Csar contacted me about it.

Again I want to reiterate, nothing is a go at this point..we may be right back where we started in the final wind up. I have yet to hear back from Csar about this and he said it may be a little while.

MD, the skin is pretty good..I agree the text color needs changed though.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Thu 30 Jun - 12:11:51

What about just making the text a dark color and then it should be fine.

Sorry Alfy didn't mean to sound like a creep. lol. But is he an actual programmer? Or is he someone like Span?
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Thu 30 Jun - 12:14:10

Lol and to prove how excited I am for this. I am blowing off writing this story for the All Forum Battle that is due today to be here. I am writing here and there but ya.

I have 1,656 words and have a 4500 word limit lol. The theme is end of the world.
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Thu 30 Jun - 12:20:23

Thats okay Shurt, not creepy, I was kidding. I don't know very much about the team or Csar at this point, I haven't asked any questions yet until I find out their position on doing this merger. We'll find out though before we go too far. I'm wagering a guess that they are a team of amature/aspiring developers with programming experience but I may be way off base on that since I really have nothing to base that on.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Fri 1 Jul - 18:41:57

I'm BAAAAAAACCCKKK!!! :evillaugh:

Ah, good old AOF. Thank's Alf. Took me a while, but I checked your idea out and it sounds pretty good. I can try to get Loris back for the soundtrack. (I even still have many of his old soundtrack files) Also, I wonder if you could post some of the stuff that Csar offered and what his team will be doing, just in case more old members come back, wanting to know the details. (Me included)

And again, why must we spam a "Should this Forum be closed?" to a "How do you like the background" topic? Rascal

PS, the background makes me think of Roran. Just replace the sword with a carpenter's hammer, and make his shield and tunic purple with a white dragon holding a rose, standing in front of a sword.
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Fri 1 Jul - 18:50:38

Hey! Yeah, we probably should not of, but it was working along the line of a forum reboot, including skin.

I have the old tracks bris!
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisineo Fri 1 Jul - 23:49:23

Well, we may or may not need them. Loris just messaged me back, saying that he's standing by if this really gets AO moving again.

I still want details on this Csar and what his team is about though. . . Just to get me more informed. . .
Brisineo
Brisineo
The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfreredocsil Fri 1 Jul - 23:55:29

Brisineo wrote:I'm BAAAAAAACCCKKK!!! Well answer me this. 51141

Ah, good old AOF. Thank's Alf. Took me a while, but I checked your idea out and it sounds pretty good. I can try to get Loris back for the soundtrack. (I even still have many of his old soundtrack files) Also, I wonder if you could post some of the stuff that Csar offered and what his team will be doing, just in case more old members come back, wanting to know the details. (Me included)

And again, why must we spam a "Should this Forum be closed?" to a "How do you like the background" topic? Well answer me this. 2747

PS, the background makes me think of Roran. Just replace the sword with a carpenter's hammer, and make his shield and tunic purple with a white dragon holding a rose, standing in front of a sword.

Bris!!! Welcome back!
There are no terms as of yet and I know next to nothing about his team. All that was mentioned was a merger of our teams and he said that he can program and another team member is a programmer and the head artist.

Sorry we need to delete that stuff, lol.
Alfreredocsil
Alfreredocsil
THE GOD OF THIS REALM
THE GOD OF THIS REALM

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Sat 2 Jul - 0:14:24

Lol, I will get on deleting that now. I caused most of it.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Sat 2 Jul - 14:11:12

Have you talked to him again yet Alf?

O and hey Bris!!!
Spartan
Spartan
Armstrong Guild Leader
Armstrong Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Sat 2 Jul - 15:01:25

Guys, you do realize he and his team can see this. Then again, it should be taken as a complement.
MINDROP
MINDROP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next