Alagaesia Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Classes

+9
Famoosh
Caerin Daeyer
Vervada
The Spaniard
Durz
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
MINDROP
Daiko
Fallen Elf
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Classes Empty New Classes

Post by Fallen Elf Thu 30 Sep - 18:44:46

Post any ideas you may have for new classes here.

My idea for a new class is a senser class, or some name of the sort. Senser's can sense people's presence from an extra long distance, and are great at finding specific people.

Whatcha think?
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

New Classes Empty Re: New Classes

Post by Daiko Thu 30 Sep - 18:51:19

Sounds like something any Magician should be able to do, but on a shorter distance (The whole extend your conscience thing.)

I am kinda fine with the classes we have as of yet, but I've no doubt I'll have a few ideas when the game comes around.

Daiko
Mature Hatchling
Mature Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Thu 30 Sep - 18:59:34

I am not sure how well sensing minds and breaking into them are going to work. In other word, I think they may have to be omitted. So, this class may not work well.
MINDROP
MINDROP
SPARTAN GOD OF THIS REALM

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Thu 30 Sep - 19:55:49

Mindrop wrote:I am not sure how well sensing minds and breaking into them are going to work. In other word, I think they may have to be omitted. So, this class may not work well.

I'm just going to assume this'd work. For breaking into people's minds, you could face off with your intelligence stat, and ... you can attack them, while at the side of the screen you have to...do something, to gain entrance to their mind. When in the mind you get some skill that does ___ damage every ___ seconds, or another one that saps ___ energy every ___ seconds. For sensing them...Dunno.
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
I am the Off Topic Mod! Off With Thine Head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Thu 30 Sep - 20:29:53

Mindrop wrote:I am not sure how well sensing minds and breaking into them are going to work. In other word, I think they may have to be omitted. So, this class may not work well.

Well, I based it more off of being an expert on finding people.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Thu 30 Sep - 20:51:54

I am also unsure how the sensing of consciences and breaking into minds will work either, so this class depends on how well that will work
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Thu 30 Sep - 21:06:57

I can't build a class around sensing alone, besides that is going to be an ability that magicians will be able to learn.

And I already have the mental attack/defense system laid out pretty well. It is relatively simple and easy to understand.

As a magician you will be able to go out of your body and scout the area around you with your mind. But, when you're out of your body you cannot move, and players/NPCs will be shown as white lights. You will have the ability to attack them whenever, and that will activate a Pong type game on the corner of your screen. The higher your intelligence the faster your blocks will move, after a certain amount of time, if there is no winner, the game will end and you'll have to try again. To win though, you'll have to get your ball past the other person's defenses a certain number of times, if you win that person is immobilzed and their level, class, etc is all revealed to you and you can do as you wish to them.

If you don't know what I mean by "Blocks" and "Ball" then play or look at a picture of the game "Pong".
The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Thu 30 Sep - 21:08:21

The Spaniard wrote:I can't build a class around sensing alone, besides that is going to be an ability that magicians will be able to learn.

And I already have the mental attack/defense system laid out pretty well. It is relatively simple and easy to understand.

As a magician you will be able to go out of your body and scout the area around you with your mind. But, when you're out of your body you cannot move, and players/NPCs will be shown as white lights. You will have the ability to attack them whenever, and that will activate a Pong type game on the corner of your screen. The higher your intelligence the faster your blocks will move, after a certain amount of time, if there is no winner, the game will end and you'll have to try again. To win though, you'll have to get your ball past the other person's defenses a certain number of times, if you win that person is immobilzed and their level, class, etc is all revealed to you and you can do as you wish to them.

If you don't know what I mean by "Blocks" and "Ball" then play or look at a picture of the game "Pong".

Kinda the basic Idea I had (Other than the Pong part of course Very Happy)

Daiko
Mature Hatchling
Mature Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Thu 30 Sep - 21:12:09

The Spaniard wrote:I can't build a class around sensing alone, besides that is going to be an ability that magicians will be able to learn.

Will we be able to recover hp/special bar from plants around us? If you kill them, and they're someone's crops they would attack you or something...?

Maybe, a magician can "specialize" with...spells, or worming around people's minds. When you enter someone's mind you...could sap some energy? Instead of immobilizing them...slow down their speed, or make them hit weaker? Make them unable to cast spells? Cause them to take X damage every X seconds...All, but choose one of the above?

This sounds -amazing-, can't wait!
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Thu 30 Sep - 21:15:02

Stealing energy from nature is something Elder riders will be able to learn(One of the perks that comes with staying with the order)

And a magician and specialize in certain things if they don't want to focus on everything.
The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Thu 30 Sep - 21:20:04

The Spaniard wrote:Stealing energy from nature is something Elder riders will be able to learn(One of the perks that comes with staying with the order)

And a magician and specialize in certain things if they don't want to focus on everything.

Yeah...specializing sounds great, but that also brings me to weapon proficiencies. Any specific way it'd work? Anyone can learn them, and some classes start with specific profiencies...or anyone can use any weapon...or you slowly practise with your weapons, and become better and better...

Sorry, overwhelming you with questions but, will there be sub-classes for each umbrella class? Like...an Assassin could use a classic dagger, or bows and arrows. At the beginning there'd be only one, but as we improve the game, more and more ideas can come in?
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Thu 30 Sep - 21:21:12

Sorry, another question..

How long will you need to be in the order to be classed as an "Elder"?

Daiko
Mature Hatchling
Mature Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Thu 30 Sep - 21:27:34

Yeah...specializing sounds great, but that also brings me to weapon proficiencies. Any specific way it'd work? Anyone can learn them, and some classes start with specific profiencies...or anyone can use any weapon...or you slowly practise with your weapons, and become better and better...

Everyone can learn how to use any weapon with some exceptions. Though, depending on the class, the rate at which and the boost you get will vary. Assassins will be the only class to use duel wielding weapons, Knights will be the only one's to use lances, Beserkers will be the only ones to use extremely large weapons(picture weapons like Nightmare from Soul Calibur)

The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Thu 30 Sep - 21:33:10

The Spaniard wrote:

Everyone can learn how to use any weapon with some exceptions. Though, depending on the class, the rate at which and the boost you get will vary. Assassins will be the only class to use duel wielding weapons, Knights will be the only one's to use lances, Beserkers will be the only ones to use extremely large weapons(picture weapons like Nightmare from Soul Calibur)

Will the alpha/beta testers have a class of their own (which isn't OP)?

Is it possible to kill yourself as a magician by overusing your magic spells and running out of energy? Sounds like some newbies might kill themselves a lot, or would there be a small warning system in place, that tells newbies that if they continue casting a spell it would kill them...
Or is it not possible to kill yourself by overusing magic, and if you run out of mana/whatever and try to cast a spell, it just doesnt work?
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Thu 30 Sep - 22:00:34

Not sure about that, it would be pretty annoying and people would die to much, like you said
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Fri 1 Oct - 12:13:42

WHich do you like?? Specializing in specific spells??
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Fri 1 Oct - 17:35:47

Necromancer class..?

A specialization for Sorcerers with its own skillset based on bringing dead things to life...or something like that.
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Fri 1 Oct - 18:01:29

Blodh Eldrvarya Gata wrote:Necromancer class..?

A specialization for Sorcerers with its own skillset based on bringing dead things to life...or something like that.

If connected to another class, it doesn't technically make it a "class." If included, it would probably just be some skill able to be learned by a Sorcerer.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Fri 1 Oct - 18:19:28

I dunno about that. In IC bringing people back to life, you need an incredible amount of energy. Even with Galby owning an vast amount of eldunarya, he cannot (I assume this because he probably would have brought back Morzan or, if it was possible, Jarnunvosk).
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Fri 1 Oct - 18:37:37

DurzasMinion wrote:I dunno about that. In IC bringing people back to life, you need an incredible amount of energy. Even with Galby owning an vast amount of eldunarya, he cannot (I assume this because he probably would have brought back Morzan or, if it was possible, Jarnunvosk).

Oh...yeah...I forgot we aren't thinking awesome-magic-skills, we're thinking of Eragon...how about, a magician who takes over the minds of someone very CLOSE to death, and commands them. Sort of like a necromancer, but no bringing back to life.
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Elf Fri 1 Oct - 18:39:30

DurzasMinion wrote:I dunno about that. In IC bringing people back to life, you need an incredible amount of energy. Even with Galby owning an vast amount of eldunarya, he cannot (I assume this because he probably would have brought back Morzan or, if it was possible, Jarnunvosk).

I know, I'm not too sure if anyone could do it.
Fallen Elf
Fallen Elf
The Fullmetal Alchemist
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spaniard Fri 1 Oct - 18:48:37

Magic if overused will drain your life. You have a certain amount of energy that you can use before spells will be using your own life force to be casted. Get it?

And necromancy is something shades will learn. They reanimate corpses, not bringing back the dead but just using them as hollow puppets of energy
The Spaniard
The Spaniard
GAME WARDEN
GAME WARDEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Durz Fri 1 Oct - 19:26:03

HoHo! brining some harry Potter into this I see!!(Inferi)
Durz
Durz
Lord of the Minions
Lord of the Minions

Back to top Go down

Post by Blodh Eldrvarya Gata Sat 2 Oct - 10:17:08

I'm thinking no Shade + Beastmaster, because if you have THAT many ents working for you its OP? How about if you reanimate a corpse, and you're taming a beast, they just randomly start attacking each other?
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata
Blodh Eldrvarya Gata

Back to top Go down

Post by MINDROP Sat 2 Oct - 10:53:19

Training Blodh. Pure and simple training.
MINDROP
MINDROP

http://armstrong.team-talk.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next